DEGENERATIVE SPINE DISORDER
These are age-related spine disease. it occurs in aged people due to wear and tear of spinal or vertebral column.
- Stiffness of back
- Sometimes pain radiating from back to leg
- One should adopt some postural modifications like
- Avoid prolonged forehead bending and sudden heavy weight lifting
- Sitting with back and arm or elbow support etc
Exercise as shown by your doctor should be done on regular basis
when your pain or discomfort is so severe that it is affecting your day to day activities and is not improving with postural modification and home remedies, you should consult Orthopedist.
- X-ray of spine
- An MRI of the spine in selected patients
- Postural modification
- Hot compression (sometimes ice compression is also helpful )
- Operation (in a very few selected patients)